Fostering Support Worker – Full-time
Salary – £20,000
Location – Oldham
Safehouses Fostering is part of the five Rivers Child Care Group. Five Rivers Child Care is a Social Enterprise committed to transforming the lives of children and young people through reinvesting their surplus in children’s futures. This means Safehouses can retain its unique ethos where ‘belonging’ is an essential part of our practice.
We are seeking to appoint a Fostering Support worker on a Full-time basis to provide support to our Supervising Social Workers and Foster Carers throughout the Oldham area. The role requires a range of tasks working directly with children, Foster Carers and other professionals to ensure quality outcomes for children/young people.
- Promote the welfare of children/young people placed with Safehouses Fostering and within Five Rivers Child Care Group as a whole.
- To be involved in the practice aspects of placements and to assist in the on-going placement process.
- To assist Safehouses Fostering and agency staff in helping to prepare children/young people for foster care placements.
- Work directly with children/young people in a skilled and focused way as part of an agreed programme of work.
- Co-ordinate groups and joint work for all children/young people involved in the foster care process.
We are looking for someone who will always be thinking of the child, ensuring they are at the forefront of all decisions. Must be able to work as a team member to achieve best outcomes for the children, able to communicate with children and adults. Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people would be an advantage but not necessary. No formal social work qualifications are necessary, but an understanding of and empathy for the work required is necessary.
This is a full-time position (37.5 hrs per week), which could include weekends and after school hours. A full UK driving licence is required for this role.
Benefits include company pension scheme, health plan, sick pay, Perkbox scheme offering discounts in shops, restaurants, websites, employee referral scheme and employee assistance programme.
Five Rivers Child Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People. Applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.