We understand and recognise that the decision to become a foster carer is a big commitment. That’s why we want to ensure that you have all of the information you need, so you can find out whether fostering a child could be the right decision for you. Come along to one of our events and speak to our expert foster carers and members of the team. Our events range from online webinars to jobs fairs, and we hold a monthly coffee morning at our office in Denshaw.
- 26th August – Fostering Information Coffee Morning – The Fleece, 41 Oldham Road, Denshaw, Oldham, OL3 5SS
- 30th September – Fostering Information Coffee Morning- The Fleece, 41 Oldham Road, Denshaw, Oldham, OL3 5SS
- 28th October – Fostering Information Coffee Morning- The Fleece, 41 Oldham Road, Denshaw, Oldham, OL3 5SS
- 25th November – Fostering Information Coffee Morning- The Fleece, 41 Oldham Road, Denshaw, Oldham, OL3 5SS
Unfortunately we do not have any upcoming virtual events. Please email [email protected] if you would like to attend a future event and we will get in touch when our next event is booked.
You can also contact our carer enquiries team:
T: 01457 781308
About our virtual Let’s Talk Fostering events
The aim of our events is to give you…
- A greater understanding of what foster care is, and how it can change lives.
- An understanding of the process of becoming a foster carer and what it takes to be one.
- Knowledge of the training, support and pay our foster carers receive.
Plus, have all your questions answered!
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in fostering and who wants to learn more about it. It’s the perfect opportunity to see whether fostering is for you and ask any questions. It also doesn’t matter if you have experience with another agency or are looking at becoming a foster carer for the first time. We’d love to meet you.
Please note, to become a foster carer you must be over 21 and have a spare bedroom.
Join us to hear what fostering is like – from those who do it.
Join an experienced foster carer and one of our friendly fostering manages to learn answers to frequently asked questions, such as:
- Can I still work and be a foster carer?
- Can I choose which age group and gender I will foster?
- How long does it take to become a foster carer?
- What benefits and pay will I receive?