We are a compact, well established fostering agency based in Denshaw near Oldham, with easy access to Manchester and West Yorkshire.
Safehouses Fostering were inspected by Ofsted in July 2015 receiving an overall good with Outstanding Judgements for Experiences and progress of, and outcomes for, children and young people and Quality of Service ‘
The Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills (Ofsted) regulates and inspects childcare and children’s social care throughout the UK. It also inspects schools, colleges, initial teacher education, work-based learning and skills training, adult and community learning, education and training in prisons and other secure establishments, and the Children and Family Court Advisory Support Service (Cafcass). Ofsted also assesses children’s services in local areas, and inspects services for Looked After Children, safeguarding and child protection.
As a fostering agency we:
- Provide professional fostering services to Local Authorities and other organisations engaged in the care of children and young people
- Provide a wide range of packages of Foster Care tailored to the needs of the individual child or young person
- Recruit Foster Carers who we support and train to a high professional standard
- Assess potential Foster Carers and present them to our Fostering Panel for approval
- Provide pre and post approval training for Foster Carers
- Act as point of referral – matching agency – for Local Authorities seeking placements for Looked After Children
- Provide 24 hr support to carers and the children in placement
- Provide an innovative educational support package with our own Education Caseworker. (Teacher)
We are committed to working in partnership to achieve the best possible outcomes for the children that we are privileged to help support.